Presided by Fr Paul O’Neill and Deacon John, the Mass was also attended by a number of special guests including, Gerard Mowbray, Director of Schools, John Tobin, Assistant Director, John Hickey, Marist Schools Australia, Fr Denis Hooper and parents.
During 2019, the College will be guided by three main themes which were presented by College Principal, Tim Cleary during the Mass:
- The Learning Continuum: Years 7 to 12 – learning and belonging across two campuses as one College
- Listen to the Holy Spirit – listening to what the Holy Spirit is asking of us
- Mary, our Loving Mother – Mary as our role model through our Dominican and Marist charisms.
“Jesus’ ministry started at the wedding feast of Cana when his loving Mother Mary told servants to fill up the jars of water and to do what her son Jesus tells them to do,” said Mr Cleary during the Mass.
“Her loving devotion and motivation of Jesus started when the Holy Spirit came to her and she became pregnant with Jesus. Again, the birth of Jesus at Christmas and standing at the foot of the cross at his crucifixion Mary always showed deep and abiding love for her son.
“I encourage everyone at All Saints’ College to be like our Loving Mother by showing love and kindness to all.”
The College leaders who were presented with badges during the Mass were:
- St Mary’s Campus: Jack Love, Claudia Minter, Harry Whitfield, Emily Woodward-Noble
- St Peter’s Campus: Sarah Austin, Benjamin Clouten, Connor Fortune, Olivia Greentree
To find out more about All Saints’ College or to enrol your child, head to the College website.