This new module is the mandatory annual training for all diocesan employees, clergy and religious and supersedes the Safeguarding Induction module.
New employees, clergy and religious will be assigned the new mandatory training module on commencement with the diocese and annually as a refresher. It will supersede the Safeguarding Induction module and for those engaged in child-related work, it will be the prerequisite to the face-to-face learning course.
The module describes the Diocesan safeguarding structures, policies and processes and includes focuses on:
- The Diocesan safeguarding framework policy
- The Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement and codes of conduct
- The role of the Office of Safeguarding
- Indicators of abuse and neglect and how to support a child or vulnerable person to disclose abuse
- Reporting obligations
- Safeguarding risk management including eSafety
- Complaints handling policy and procedures.
The module will require approximately one hour to complete and incorporates a competency assessment quiz. You will be automatically registered as having completed the module when you have successfully achieved a score of 80% or higher in the competency assessment.
More information regarding safeguarding training and requirements can be found here: https://officeofsafeguarding.org.au/safeguarding-training/
Follow mnnews.today on Facebook.